wktools - Overview
wktools is a collection of small programs to make life easier for System and Field engineers, especially for those who deal with Cisco.
wktools is FREEWARE and since Version 4 available for Windows and Linux. Use at your own risk!
The tools are the following:
- ConfigMaker: To simply generate many similar files/configurations. There are two data sources needed to achieve this: A pattern file and a data file.
- Configure Devices: To push/collect information to/from a network device. Supported protocols are Telnet, SSHv1, SSHv2, HTTP+S and Serial Console.
- IP List: To find and store IP addresses in config files.
- Device Information Parser: To parse Text files with "show" output from Cisco devices for Serial numbers, Module Information... - Very useful for making an inventory of your Installed base.
- Mapper: Generate network maps in Visio vdx format. Data sources are STP infos, CAM Table, ARP table, Interface infos and if available cdp neighbor infos. More information and tutorial
Additional tools available in Version 3, but removed from Version 4:
- Compare Files: To compare two files. The differences are highlighted.
- PIX Session Status: To display the active sessions on a PIX firewall in table format.
To get more information please refer to the Documentation.
The newest version can be downloaded here.
No installation is needed - it's only an exe file with some dll's.
For questions regarding this tool or bug reports please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org