Known Limitations for wktools Mapper
- Do not use special characters, like umlauts, in directory names. Otherwise it is not possible to open/generate the database file
- There may be problems when dots (".") are used within hostnames. This is not true for FQDN hostnames.
- Device Hostnames need to be unique for each data set.
- Sometimes the wkm.db database file needs to be deleted after a new wktools version was downloaded. This always happens when the database layout was changed. The wktools4 Change Log documents database changes.
Since 4.6.8 this is no more true - wktools now always takes care of DB enhancements.
- Nexus 1000V neighborship calculation relies on CDP. At the moment there is no way for neighborship calculation without CDP.
- PIX/ASA: wktools requires IP addresses and when "names" are used, Layer3 neighborship calculation for PIX/ASA devices will fail. Therefore please make sure to disable names before wktools is used.
- There is no admin mode on NX OS "show interface switchport" output